Wednesday

"Oh that I had wings like a dove!"





Have you ever wanted to disappear, well i have and truth is with everything i have going on in my life right now running away is the first thing that comes to mind. I feel something like David did in this Psalm


And I say, Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
Yes, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the wilderness. I would hasten to escape and to find a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest.

Psalm 55:6-8

Today as i asked God for peace he brought me to this Psalm. Reading about King David's struggles  made me feel less guilty and desperate, for even Him, a man after God's own heart had moments where he felt like he couldn't handle the storm. 

To fantasize about escaping from the difficult or demanding aspects of our reality is human response Jesus understands completely. That's why He offers His own presence and way of life as the refuge we crave. We can read it here in Matthew

 Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

Ah how refreshing!!! The Lord Never gets tired, and those who rely on His strength will always find renewal. In the Mist of WHATEVER challenges life presents, we can run to Jesus and find rest for our weary souls.

Thank you God! 



0 Comment Here: