Tuesday

No Yelling for a week challenge


Alright people i have a challenge at hand and i want you to join me. The challenge is " no yelling at your kids for week" what you say, you with me?

I can't believe I'm setting myself up for this one. All i keep thinking in my head is "will i be able to actually pull this one off"? but I WILL, why not?  First let me clarify something (or make myself feel a little better) I DON"T go on rampages and scream at  my kids on a daily basis. I have those moments each day when i let out 2, 3 or maybe 4 loud "PICK UP YOUR SHOES, STOP HITTING, I SAID NOOOOO". I understand this approach will only make kids listen at that very moment, if that, what i mean is kids don't always think "i should pick up my shoes or mom will yell all the time", on the contrary they have a way of blocking you and go right back to the old behaviour the next day. In fact they will actually imitate your crazy yelling before they ever do what you YELL at them to do.


So today, November 23-30 i am taking up this one week challenge with the hope of eliminating this non effective, unproductive behaviour FOR EVER!!!

Care to join me?

 

1 Comment Here:

Unknown said...

New fans from the sunday blog hop! I definitely need to try the no yelling challenge. I find myself always yelling! LOL
Looking good from the PX90!

http://www.boyzruleourworld.blogspot.com