Friday

Why are you Walking Away?

Is what i hear the Lord asking me, but i quickly shut my ears to His voice and hide. I've been trying to write lately but everytime i open a new post, it ends up in draft. I'm someone who writes from the heart. I dislike being superficial, something like what you see is what you get. I've also learned to practice what i preach, and right now i am not practicing what i sometimes preach.

Is sad how sometimes we know what we aught to do, yet choose otherwise only to end up right where we knew we would. These days i'm running the opposite direction, i know what i should do but instead i say "whatever" and turn the other way, in return i'm miserable. The noise is so loud in my head i can't even hear myself think, seriously i can't. I know that if only i would surrender to Him, i will find peace that trancends all understanding, but for now i run :(

This might sound crazy but truth be told i'm tired of doing right, you know going by the book. Yes i know "have i lost my mind" no, no, no! I am perfectly sane, is just that it takes so much effort to do what's right. For example- after shopping is easier to simply leave the shopping cart in the middle of the street or right next to the beautiful Mercedes instead of walking across the street after letting 4 kids in the car, putting groceries away and never mind the freezing cold, but nope my personal convictions would kill me! Is so much easier to take afternoon naps everyday instead of helping the kids with homework, is so much easier to not give my MIL rides when she asks UGH! But then this verse Galatians 6:9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. And then it all makes sense...

With that said- I need to take my MIL for some errands right now, i'm putting a smile on my face THESE

 in my ears.. Off i goooo...




1 Comment Here:

StephF said...

Where's the "Like" Button? LOL

I have days (weeks) like this. I think it is the human condition & Paul reminds us he had the same struggles. (Romans 7:15-20) Cling to what is GOOD (Rom 12:9) even though it can be tiring. You're not alone!