Saturday

Update on Challenge #2 (Love and Compassion)

One thing for sure is that when you are trying to do something good the enemy is always waging war against you trying to stop you. But who is that by your side? Oh Yea My Lord and Saviour who never abandons me when I need Him the most.
The challenge for last week was-Pick 2 people that you and your children can show love and compassion to. And here's what we did..
Our Neighbor's husband died a few months ago of cancer, she currently lives alone with her son. She is in her 70's and finds herself very lonely sometimes. I asked my kids if they would be so kind to make her some cards and explained to them what happened to her and how God calls us to love and be compassionate towards everyone especially widows and orphans.

James 1:27 --Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

We made these cards with so much Love here's a look (we are not crafty, but we are learning)
When we went to see her she shared with us that she was not having a very good week, she missed her husband and felt a bit lonely. I thought WOW Lord you are just something else, when we think we are doing something to benefit us (i want to show my kids to be compassionate) yet the Lord who knows EVERY ONE'S need and has everything planned for the good of everyone at His timing, which is perfect. My kids had a great time there and i know they brought joy to our dear neighbor with our presence.. God is good and we rejoice in HIM!

As for my own personal challenge I COMPLETED IT TOO!!! YEY..Can't disclose too much of it.. But i can tell you it's of continuous blessing..

Did you participate in this week's challenge? If so share with me your adventure..







0 Comment Here: